Red Nun is an antagonist in Remothered: Tormented Fathers.
Belonging to a very small group of cloistered nuns, the Red Nun appears as a threatening figure in red surrounded by moths and armed with a dangerous spear. She is probably the only survivor of a terrifying fire, which destroyed the cloister of Cristo Morente.
As her moniker suggests, she is dressed in a blood red habit with a matching embroidered outer robe with wide, billowing sleeves. The only non-red part of her habit is the white wimple and coif which covers her neck, head and seemingly the upper half of her face. On her head is a huge, elaborate cornette that has many red threads hanging around its rectangular circumference and aids in obscuring her face. The order she belongs to chose the colour red to underline the sinful nature of women.
The Red Nun is an utterly dangerous enemy, possibly even more so than Richard Felton. She is accompanied by moths that seem to obey her will and she is always equipped with a spear fashioned from a stiffened, sharpened human spinal cord that bears a passing resemblance to a caduceus.
Behind this terrifying figure is a person made of flesh and bones, but a definite fanatic completely devoted to her mysterious and sinister goals. The Red Nun is apparently very manipulative - a puppet master, as Richard reveals it was she who convinced him that Jennifer was to blame for his pain and disease, which thus led to him murdering her in her sleep.
Red Nun was first introduced in 2012, along with several other characters. Originally, the nun had a deep red robe and her weapon of choice were a pair of scissors.
However, as Remothered developed, her design was tweaked, her scissors are replaced with a spear and her robe was given more details.
- Her red-colored robe is symbolic to the color of blood. As well as carnality and fertility at the same time.
- The Red Nun is the most representative and symbolic character of the entire saga.
- The Red Nun can be considered the antithesis of the religious figure the Virgin Mary.
- The name of the cloister the Red Nun belonged to, Cristo Morente, is Italian for "Dying Christ".
- The Red Nun outfit was strongly inspired by the work of Japanese costume designer Eiko Ishioka, especially in the 2006 film The Fall  .
- The Red Nun was originally going to be the main stalker in the intended sequel of the original Remothered, Grave Torments, but became the main one in the final version.
- The Red Nun's origins could possibly be a reference to one of Chris Darril's early works; an uncompleted horror game titled Blood Repentance in 2004/2005. Since then, the game is considered lost.