Red Nun is an antagonist in Remothered: Tormented Fathers.
Belonging to a very small group of cloistered nuns, the Red Nun appears as a threatening figure in red covered by moths and armed with a dangerous spear. She is probably the only survivor of a terrifying fire, which destroyed the cloister Cristo Morente.
As her moniker suggests, she dresses in red. The order she belongs to chose the red color to underline the sinful nature of women.
She is utterly dangerous: she is surrounded by moths that seem to obey her will and she is always equipped with a spear that looks like a caduceus with a striking resemblance to a spinal cord and a human head.
Behind this figure, there is a person in flesh and bones. The Red Nun is definitely a fanatic. She is manipulative: you can almost say that the person behind her is a master of puppets.
Red Nun was first introduced in 2012, along with several other characters. Originally, the nun had a deep red robe and her weapon of choice were a pair of scissors.
However, as Remothered developed, her design was tweaked, her scissors are replaced with a spear and her robe was given more details.
- Her red-colored robe is symbolic to the color of blood. As well as carnality and fertility at the same time.
- The Red Nun is the most representative and symbolic character of the entire saga.
- The Red Nun can be considered the antithesis of the religious figure the Virgin Mary.
- The Red Nun outfit was inspired by the work of Japanese costume designer Eiko Ishioka, especially in the 1992 Bram Stroker's Dracula .
- The Red Nun was originally going to be the main stalker in the intended sequel of the original Remothered, Grave Torments, but became the main in the final version.
- The Red Nun's origins could possibly be a reference to one of Chris Darril's early works; an uncompleted horror game titled Blood Repentance in 2004/2005. Since then, the game is considered lost.