Gloria Ashmann is a supporting character, later hidden and true main antagonist in Remothered: Tormented Fathers.
Gloria is a woman working as a personal nurse for the sick ex-notary Richard Felton. A shy and dull woman in late thirties, Gloria often has a faint and troubled appearance, and speaks in hushed tones, as if she knows some terrible truth that she is too fearful to speak of.
Gloria is a very tidy individual, a real cleaning maniac, and scrupulously respects her working hours. She is very disenchanted with her seemingly empty life as she is not married and does not have any kids. But at the same time, she always claims she doesn't have enough time to do anything, but in reality she is rather slow when working.
She does not enjoy speaking about her past and states that her life has been pretty boring. She believes in God and Christianity has been fundamental in her education.
Gloria is rather gossipy as she candidly tells Rosemary about her work for the Feltons and briefly talks about the Feltons themselves. She also bluntly tells Rosemary in an almost catty manner that she should quit smoking as it is bad for her health and a very expensive habit.
Gloria probably knows the truth behind Dr. Felton's past as well as the reason behind Celeste's disappearance, and quite possibly the true nature of the mysterious Jennifer, but hides her knowledge because she fears the consequences of revealing it. Whatever is in Gloria's mind can be very hard to understand…
- Gloria conducts Felton's mesmerism sessions and inquires about Jennifer. (Film Reel)
- Gloria is likely responsible for the mesmerism sessions of Celeste and Arianna.
- Gloria was not introduced in the original Remothered concept, but fans can speculate that her character and design was inspired by Madame Svenska, the housekeeper of the Baroni family.
- Gloria is revealed to be the daughter of the Ashmann family, the Red Nun. She is a smart and calculating manipulator who pull the strings of events under the shadows. Her true intention is to avenge those that mistreat her and her sisters, such as the Felton family.
- Gloria's last name "Ashmann" is symbolic since she survived the fire at Cristo Morente, therefore she "rose from the ashes".
- There are some similarities between Gloria and Wendy from Rule of Rose game. Both were introduced as supporting characters but were later revealed to be the main antagonists associated with red (Red Nun in Gloria's case, Princess of the Red Rose in Wendy's). Both were resposible for the actions of other antagonists, such as Gloria manipulated Richard into killing Rosemary and Wendy led Gregory to commit a massacre at the orphanage. Both Gloria and Wendy shared a sisterly-like bond with Rosemary and Jennifer respectively and they both felt betrayed by them in the past. Both also seemed to regret their actions at the end and died earning the protagonists' forgiveness.
See: Gloria gallery