"I promised we'd see each other again on top of the world" -Celeste in her recordingCeleste Felton is the adopted daughter of Richard Felton and Arianna Gallo, who ran away from home in the fall of 1971. She is a supporting character in Remothered: Tormented Fathers.
Though the identity of her biological parents is hinted at, as of the Early Access release it has not been confirmed. She was adopted by the Feltons.
One afternoon, at around 4PM on Thursday October 14th, 1971, Celeste vanished out of the blue. She was last seen on a swing at a playground near to the Felton home wearing all white and her hair tressed into a single plait.
In the investigation, it was suspected that Albert Elias Wyman, one of Felton's ex business partners. but the police found no evidence to suggest a kidnapping and the Felton's never received a ransom. Both the police and Mr. Felton maintained that Celeste intentionally left. The story of her disappearance became a huge news topic in the two years that followed. The strange nature of her disappearance caused some to believe that the story of Celeste suddenly running away was a cover-up to hide something sinister.
Two years after she ran away, Celeste abruptly returned home, unknown to the police. After her return, Richard believed that she had changed somehow and was not the same person he knew. In his own words, "... it wasn't Celeste... it was Jennifer..."
For reasons that are as of yet unknown, Rosemary became drawn to the case and began digging for clues. It was discovered that Richard would sometimes call Celeste by a different name: Jennifer.
Felton claims to have murdered Celeste in her sleep, believing that Jennifer was the cause of his torment.
- Celeste takes inspiration from the character of Jennifer from Punchline's Rule of Rose for Sony PlayStation 2 as well as other classic horror characters.
- Though her design has changed multiple times during development, she is always seen wearing a blue dress and a light-pink shirt with a pendant fixed to her collar.
- Her true identity is one of the many mysteries present in Remothered: Tormented Fathers
- Both pictures in the missing poster of Celeste are real pictures of Chris Darril's mother when she was young.
- Richard Felton would sometimes call her by the name "Jennifer".