Celeste was born on February 8, 1958, not much is known about her biological parents, as she was orphaned at a young age. As such, very little is known about Celeste's life before her she was adopted by the Felton family sometime later.
In the fall of 1971, Celeste vanished out of the blue. There was no evidence to suggest a kidnapping, as the Feltons never received a ransom, and her adoptive father maintained that Celeste had simply walked out one day and never returned. The story of her disappearance became a popular news topic in the two years that followed because of the strange nature of her disappearance. Some believe that the story of Celeste being a runaway is a cover up to hide something sinister.
Sometime after she walked out, Celeste had apparently returned home, unbeknownst to the police. After her return, it was noticed by her adoptive father that she had changed somehow.
For reasons that are as of yet unknown, Rosemary Reed became drawn to the case and began digging for clues. It was discovered that Dr. Felton would sometimes call Celeste by a different name: Jennifer.
Richard Felton later claimed to have killed Jennifer while she was sleeping when he encountered Rosemary trespassing in his home.
- Celeste is takes inspiration from the character of Jennifer from Punchline's Rule of Rose for Sony PlayStation 2 as well as other classic horror characters.
- Though her design has changed multiple times during development, she is always seen wearing a blue dress and a light-pink shirt with a pendant fixed to her collar.
- Her true identity is one of the many mysteries present in Remothered: Tormented Fathers
- Both pictures in the missing poster of Celeste are real pictures of Chris Darril's mother when she was young.
- Richard Felton would sometimes call her by the name "Jennifer".